Probably a stupid question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a system boiler which is connected to a hot water cylinder. There is a rectangular control box type thing next to the boiler which lets you set the timings of the central heating and the hot water cylinder... I leave the heating on, and just control with the stat as of when I need it on. I just want to know if its wrong to leave the hot water on (on the control box). As it's always making noises when we are in bed.

Cheers,

Jason

Sponsored Links
Maybe its boiling, could check the temperature on the cylinder stat.
There is no harm leaving the heating &/or weater on 24/7

I am not a heating engineer.

Oh and no questions are stupid, but there are many stupid answers.

I have the stat on the cylinder set to 60c. There is no stat for the hot water on the boiler. The only control of heat on the boiler is for the central heating - which is set to max; I control the central heating temperature with a control dial in the hallway. I just want to know if its more energy efficient to leave the hot water cylinder on or off all the time. Confusing

Water on or off is a regular topic oh diynot, it usually comes to have it on when you want it dont keep a tank full of hot water.

Sponsored Links
But doesn't it have to be kept hot because of harmful bacteria or something. What controls and timing would you recommend? Not for the central heating. I'm just confused, there is a on/off switch next to the hot water cylinder, should that always be on? And then I have a control box in the kitchen next to the boiler, which has a heating timer, and a hot water timer. The hot water light is always on. Should I set the hot water on a timer? Jut gets me so confused, scared I'm gonna get a huge bill or something

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back