Problem concrete ramp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a concrete ramp installed to my conservatory entrance by a professional for wheel chair access. The surface seems very crumbly and is breaking up slightly when walked on or rubbed by hand. Is there a solution or is the mix wrong and the ramp needs redoing.

At the moment there is risk of damage to the UPVC sill from concrete particles which are being walked on. On the other hand if the ramp has to be replaced, there is also risk of damage to PVC/Glass.

advice please
thanks

Sponsored Links
I have a feeling it dried out too fast, e.g. laid in not sunny weather and not kept damp for a week.

However, concrete always makes a certain amount of gritty dust.

You might think about having it topped with a rubber flooring material. Non-slip, non-dusty and quiet.

There might be scope to use a dustproofing paint, a lot depends on how weak and crumbly it is.

What was done to stop the fresh concrete drying out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back