problem iflo 3 port valve install? help required please.

Cold feed should be between open vent and pump and less than 6 inches from the vent

Sponsored Links
Cold feed should be between open vent and pump and less than 6 inches from the vent

It's been like that for 40+ years, running fine now, is it critical?
I did move the vent as it was pumping over in its original position on high pump speed.

Yep, I was talking about it moving from CH demand through mid position to HW..

It can suck air through the vent how you've got it. It's a slow process, won't show itself until a few years down the line when your system is full of sludge! Shame the boiler doesn't have an overheat stat or you could just combine them.

Sponsored Links
Shame the boiler doesn't have an overheat stat or you could just combine them.

Boiler does cut out when set water temp reached in system, but guess that's not what you mean as I don't see how that's linked to the feed pipe?

Overheat stat is a manual reset if the boiler reaches a set limit (usually 90 degrees or so) to stop boiling. Combining cold feed into the open vent is literally as it sounds... Just T'eed in! But shouldn't do it without an overheat stat on the boiler.

Overheat stat is a manual reset if the boiler reaches a set limit (usually 90 degrees or so) to stop boiling. Combining cold feed into the open vent is literally as it sounds... Just T'eed in! But shouldn't do it without an overheat stat on the boiler.

If I get the make/model of boiler, would you know if it had a manual reset? As it would be easier to combine than to move it!

Yes, if it's the later back boiler with a PCB then it will have one. The early (and most common) ones do not.

OK ta, I'll have a look later in the week as away first thing tomorrow for a few days.

I guess t'ing in right next to the vent tee still needs the stat?

and feed pipe is plumbed to cylinder return.

That's not where it should be connected. The correct order is:- Boiler/open vent/cold feed/pump/3port, all on the primary flow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back