Problem Locking And Unlocking UPVC Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with a upvc door lock. The locking has always been rather hit or miss, you often need to give the handle an extra lift to turn the key. I fitted a new Yale cylinder recently, and that cured things for a while, but the problem is back again. I've fitted a new lock complete today, and a new plate in the frame. The lock is an Avocet (I think that's right there's no maker name on it) and the type has changed slightly, hence the new plate and a certain amount of modification needed. Anyway after fitting it the handles still need that extra bit of lift to turn the key. Same as before. I kept the Yale cylinder incidentally as it's only a few months old and seemed OK.

I lined up the new plate carefully, and it appears to be in the right place. No amount of adjustment seems to make much difference. Any ideas or suggestions please.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back