Problem Plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there...

I have a problem plug which I would like to get fixed. We have an inbuilt sink in our en suite with one of those plugs that has a plunger at the back of the mixer tap to open/raise the plug in the sink. You know the sort - push it down to raise the plug, pull it up to close it. Anyway, the plunger is not raising the plug more than a mm or so causing water to take ages to drain away unless we manually pull the plug clean out which is a bit fiddly and unsightly.

How can I fix this so that the plunger at the back raises the plug sufficiently. If I am going to have to get into the back of the sink it will be a nightmare since it is built in to the surrounding units.

Many thanks for any help you can give - as you can probably tell DIY is not my forte unfortunately.

R

Sponsored Links
I Just asked our kitchen fitter (he is not ours, we are having new kitchen fitted) and he confimed what i thought.

Basically the plug you refer to is connected via a couple of "levers" over time through use they have been known to get a bit bent, all you ned to do is to straighten them

edited by breezer to add, just found a picure of one

71869.jpg

I would guess there will be a cable linking the lever to the actual plug and this will need adjusting - a bit like adjusting a brake cable on a cycle. There may be an adjuster at one end of the cable or a screw that clamps the cable. Chances are it will be in the most awkward place it could possibly be! Have a look under the sink with a torch and see what it looks like.

Just spotted the post above - try this first as it sounds easier!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your posts...I'll give them a try tonight and see how I get on.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back