Sink Plunger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(not to unblock the sink but to control the plug)

Hi

Could someone guide me through the correct way to fit the rods so that the plug plunger will work correctly please.

I have a rod that allows the user to control the plunger, a rod fixed to plug itself and two connectors that fit to the rods to hold it all together and allow it to work - confused.

see images

View media item 18470 View media item 18471 View media item 18472
The confusing bit it how to get the thing to work smoothly and where to position the connector (P) on the rods to enable this.

Hope someone can help

Cheers :confused:

Sponsored Links
Fit in the sperical seal into its cup but only do up the gland lightly.
Drop the waste bung in, and couple it to the rod that comes out of the spherical seal. Dont tighten anything - allow the couplings to float.
Drop the plunger through the hole in the tap and see on which side of the first rod it falls. See if it feels easier on the other side.
Slide the couplers into place, and look at the mechanism while you slowly lift and depress the tap plunger.
Adjust the couplers so that none of the rods bind, and gently tighten them bit by bit until the mechanism works.
On the waste bung there is often an adjustable bolt that allows you to fine tune how far the bung lifts.
Dead awkward to explain!
John :)

Thanks John, it was dead awkward to explain for me too lol

Will fiddle about a bit and let you know how i get on.

:D

Cheers

Easy does it - sometimes you have to cut the rod that passes through the spherical gland because it touches the tiles behind...cut it as long as you can - you can always remove more later.
John :)

Sponsored Links
57425893.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back