Problem siting an extractor fan - please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

A quick bit of background. We bought a kitchen from MFI as they were closing down. It's the one we had priced up with them the week before and it was way too expensive for us. We were so lucky to pick up the display kitchen for a really good price. We've had to kind of make it fit in to the new kitchen layout that we now have.

THe issue I have come up against is finding a workable solution for an extractor fan(s). We were planning a standard gas hob (600mm unit) but found a really good induction hob which seems really safe for the kids. At the same time we found a gas wok hob (we use a wok quite a bit) and have had that fitted in. I'm not sure if it was all such a good idea as I can't find a solution that will allow us to still have some wall units as well as extraction, and am sure there's people on here with better ideas than me.

What we would like :
to keep the induction and wok hobs
to have as many wall units as we can on that wall
to comply with building regs and safety for extraction

I've made a crude picture - hope it's clear enough. The 300mm unit is the gas wok and the 600 the induction hob. the space between the two end wall units is about 1800mm.

I'm sure i've not told you enough so please do ask questions - will do my best. BTW the heights are :
shortest side (right) =2330mm
highest side (left) = 4060mm

Thanks in advance,. Bill

GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
GALLERY]
I would have thought you would need 2 under cupboard extractors vented up through the cupboards & out through the roof (as shown ) or walls behind the extractors or cupboards. This is of course presuming you have or can get more cupboards than you have shown in your sketch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back