problem viewing certain web sites

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi got probs getting on to certain sites..get message cannot find server or dns error...most sites no problem...thanks :( djinn

Sponsored Links
Can you provide more details?

Operating system?

Type of connection?

If not all sites which ones?

Have you done a disk cleanup?

dont view certin sites then

it would help if we knew which sites so we can compae, but usually unable to find server means site no longer exists or the server is out of service (temp)

Hi..clean install of xp pro..cable connection ntl...can't get on following sites..asus.com...adtrader.co.uk..plus a few others..ntl said its my pc at fault?????try to get on sites and pc stays on home page most of the time.... :confused:

Sponsored Links
I have noticed that especially if one is very quick whilst clicking on links seems like the website doesn't keep up with the browser sometimes? perhaps your PC is accessing some slower websites too fast and causing the error message?
I notice it more at work with the T1 connection there.
Not sure if there is a way to slow the browser up? Perhaps others on here may know?

hi, the two sites you mention use javascript, what internet security (including anti spyware) are you using (if any), do you have any service packs installed? have you checked your security settings in IE are al set to their defaults? also try dowloading Mozilla Firefox to determine if it is just an IE problem.

Cheers

Shaun

Hi got all microsoft update on pc..use norton internet security..spysweeper.....if i go to adtrader through google and the add site to my links i can access it from there same with other site......i do not have to type www. before site address in address bar for any other sites but if i do type www. befoer adtrader then it will go to it...this does not work for asus tried firefox same problem..tried before i installed norton..spysweeper still the same..latest version of java...but java site cannot comfirm when i try to validate java..thanks....sean

just a quick reply before i go to work, the behaviour your describing isn't really the default behaviour from IE, it was more likely influenced by third party software such as google toolbar's "address bar browse by name" function etc or a setting that you altered yourself. by default IE would take you to Adtrader.com not .co.uk if you dont put in the domain extension. Do all your sites work if you put the correct URL in manually?
Javascript is different to the java plugin applets controlled by programs such as Sun Java so that may be a different problem.

Shaun

Sponsored Links
Back