problem with BR about flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I need advice and hope someone can help. I am building ne extension and flat roof on top of it. roof is 3mx3m, there is six 6" joists 45cm apart, on top there is 18mm plywood, then 115mm insolation, underlay and one layer of felt on top. BR is telling me to put another 3 layers of felt. do I need so many things on one little roof? ne roof is merging existing one and old roof has only 5cm depth. many thanks

Sponsored Links
Seems a little heavy, have your ever considered EDPM Rubber?

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone, I need advice and hope someone can help. I am building ne extension and flat roof on top of it. roof is 3mx3m, there is six 6" joists 45cm apart, on top there is 18mm plywood, then 115mm insolation, underlay and one layer of felt on top. BR is telling me to put another 3 layers of felt. do I need so many things on one little roof? ne roof is merging existing one and old roof has only 5cm depth. many thanks

Had to chuckle at this one!

Agreed the amount of insulation, firring strips, ply deck, etc, does make for a rather bulky profile, especially when the fascia boards are added.

However pinching a few mill from the final weathering layers seems almost comical to me! :LOL:

they`ve already discredited the promenade tiles - and thought about using small reflective shingle - then went down to solar reflective paint :idea: before asking here ;) EDPM in the Fetherlite range by the London Rubber Co. - that`s the answer

What came first - the wheel or vulcanization ;) Gutta ya there M8 :rolleyes: - Good point tho` . maybe the B.C are from the BC ages :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back