Problem with central heating. micro switch adjust?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Seem to have a problem with central heating (heating). Turn on heating and all is ok until I adjust room stat, if it turns off heating and then I turn it up again it will not call for heating on boiler. Valve is opening and if I turn on the hot water the radiators start to heat up, but turn hot water off again and heating goes off. This can last for a few hours and then you can turn heating on again. Plumber changed programmer (honeywell) but problem persists.
2 2port valves (honeywell?)and vaillant boiler.

Thank you for any replies, Max.

Sponsored Links
The 2 port valve that controls your central heating is faulty, the motor isint making the micro switch reliabily so you would be better to change the valve head.

Picasso, do you think that the microswich can be adjusted or is a new head the only answer?

Sponsored Links
Fiddled with the actuator for micro switch now all appears ok. probably was making cold but as warmed up was not making full contact?? Many thanks for steering me in right direction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back