problem with CH

Sponsored Links
Perhaps the vent and cold feed need to be sorted first, as from the pic the vent is on the cylinder flow and there would seem to be a cold feed on the return.

Hard to be sure as the picture does not show the whole of the pipework.

When the cyl valve is open the path around the vent and cold feed will be the easiest route.
Wen the valve is closed the path is blocked and flows around the heating...perhaps!

Sorry to bring this back up, and thanks for all the responses. Still no joy, and my mum is now in hospital for an operation so I am going to have another go at sorting it. I have fitted a gate valve in the flow to the HW but when you open it a small amount that still causes issues with the CH. As a temporary measure, my mum has been using the electric immersion for HW. The CH isn't working perfectly either - to get the bedroom radiator working, you have to turn off the kitchen radiator (they are at either end of the house) so it could be a balancing problem?

I am going to give it one last go before calling in another engineer (the last one was useless).

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back