Problem with Combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Everytime I put the hot water on, the heating comes on as well. Can anyone expalin what the cause of this might be. :confused:

Sponsored Links
We had this problem with our combi a few years ago. It turned out that the heat exchange (?I think!) had a load of grit & crud in it & every time the hot water was turned on the water that couldn't get through backed up into the heating sytem & made the radiators warm.

It wasn't cowboys who fixed it as they were from the insurance company, and that is what they told me!

coldrooms said:
We had this problem with our combi a few years ago. It turned out that the heat exchange (?I think!) had a load of grit & crud in it & every time the hot water was turned on the water that couldn't get through backed up into the heating sytem & made the radiators warm.

It wasn't cowboys who fixed it as they were from the insurance company, and that is what they told me!
ha ha ha and so they will on insurance i would have told you needed a new boiler mate

Sponsored Links
harris48 said:
Everytime I put the hot water on, the heating comes on as well. Can anyone expalin what the cause of this might be. :confused:
could be the diverter valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back