Problem with fitting Shower Screen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a shower screen for my bath. The problem is that my bath has an upwards curve all around it. This curve is about half an inch Deep and half inch high. So the bath is half an inch higher at the end, compared to the side where the screen would sit.

If I fit the screen with the current bracket, it will be half an inch above the flat part of the bath. I am thinking of screwing a 1x 1 inch piece of wood behind the bracket, this way the bracket and the screen can sit on the flat part of the bath and not the higher curve. I’ll use PVC cover over the wood and seal once done. Does this make sense or can someone suggest a better solution.

Sponsored Links
What your proposing seems fine,its called.....making a silk purse out of a pigs ear.Screen should sit on top of bath edge to create a seal,seal the wood etc on the bracket and yer good to go. ;)

Sponsored Links
Don't suppose you could fix the screen so it rests on top of the curved bit that you describe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back