Shower Screen Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all

I had my bathroom completely renovated about 6 years ago and went to a company who did the design and installation.

Part of this was a shower screen over a large double bath. Since installation we have experienced issues with the screen which has being replaced on 3 occasions due to slipping away from the side of the bath.

The screen has started to slip again and I contacted the screen manufacturer who referred me to the installer. The installers claim the screen is satisfactory and it is the manufacturer responsibility. The manufacturer claim it is the installers responsibility as the type of screen should never have been fitted to our bath as it is curved and will always slip away.

After numerous arguments the only resolution offered by the installer is for the screen to be removed and a refund of the cost of the screen provided. When asked what we could do the suggestion was for a curtain to be installed.

My argument is that we paid for a bathroom with a screen and therefore that is what we should have and I do not like baths with a curtain. I would like to know what everyones thoughts are and if I could push for a replacement bath that would suit a screen as it is clear the screen installed was not fit for the purpose intended!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
After 6 years you're lucky they haven't tried to fob you off. The initial design should have ensured that the bath screen and bath were "fit for purpose" (how we love that saying ;) ). As such, if they are still responding to your calls, then you should pursue them to rectify the situation.

Good luck with it :)

You say the screen is curved, is it a P shaped one? If so, remove the screen from the wall fixing plate, remove the caps top and bottom and there might be a plastic cam inside which allows you to adjust the point from which it swings. Remove the cam and replace it in the correct position. Hard to explain but might be worth messing around with.

Sponsored Links
You say the screen is curved, is it a P shaped one? If so, remove the screen from the wall fixing plate, remove the caps top and bottom and there might be a plastic cam inside which allows you to adjust the point from which it swings. Remove the cam and replace it in the correct position. Hard to explain but might be worth messing around with.
Think the op's problems are twofold - first is that the rim of the bath slopes in the wrong direction and this is because of the second, that he has paid for a pro company to design and install. The latter of which is what he would like to assist with resolution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back