problem with flame detection error on trianco tristar optima

It sounds as if your boiler has a leaking heat exchanger which is usually a terminal condition!

If we discover that we are meant to turn it off and rate it as Immediately Dangerous!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Great.javascript:emoticon(':(') Phoned up company that bought out Trianco but they didn't take over the gas side. As a result no spares available. I had heard and they did confirm that Ariston made some of the components(which confirms the Italian connection). Ariston technical in UK no nothing and wasn't interested. So no spares, no guarantee. Teach me to buy from a British company i guess.

I have the same fault on a Trianco Tristar Optima 28 SB. There are a pair of boilers installed, one with the intermittent flame detection failure (error code 1 33), the other with no faults. Exchanging parts between the pair of boilers, including the PCB, revealed the faulty component to be the flame detection (ionisation) electrode which had developed a hair line crack in the insulator that was only visible after thorough cleaning of the electrode. It was replaced with a Vokera flame detection electrode for the MYNUTE 12/15/20/25/30/32 boilers (electrode part number 10028422) which is almost identical to the Trianco electrode and this has restored operation of the faulty boiler to normal.

I have the same fault on a Trianco Tristar Optima 28 SB. There are a pair of boilers installed, one with the intermittent flame detection failure (error code 1 33), the other with no faults. Exchanging parts between the pair of boilers, including the PCB, revealed the faulty component to be the flame detection (ionisation) electrode which had developed a hair line crack in the insulator that was only visible after thorough cleaning of the electrode. It was replaced with a Vokera flame detection electrode for the MYNUTE 12/15/20/25/30/32 boilers (electrode part number 10028422) which is almost identical to the Trianco electrode and this has restored operation of the faulty boiler to normal.

Thanks for the info. My fault turned out to be a pin hole in the chamber which was leaking water on to the electrode. Repaired the hole and got a new electrode. It's an Ariston part which that my local boiler spares located for me. However min charge was £50. Then when part came in, I looked up code on Internet and think it was about £10. Have code and name of supplier of some Trianco Optima spares. Will dig it out when I have a moment. Think I will probably replace boiler next time something goes wrong though. If you are interested in my boiler for spares if and when it does fail again, PM me your details. Must say though, touch wood, its behaving.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks, any details of alternative part numbers would be helpful, it still is an efficient boiler with weather compensation when it is working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back