Problem with Grundfoss CH Pump

for the love of god, just change your pump!

Pish easy.
Not always so easy.

I've just spent three hours changing a 15-50 on a Pulsacoil 2000 - ****ing woulnd't drain, pump valves were useless, no access to flats to hold against to get the pump valves off, heat exchanger had to come out to take pump and valves out as an assembly, ****ing thing wouldn't fill, ****ing ****.

Sponsored Links
Anyone managed to source a replacement capacitor yet? I have a perfectly good pump with a duff capacitor and would like to make use of it!

The capacitor is made by Cambridge capacitors, who I have found a phne number for, but they don't seem to answer the phone.

Maybe they are on Chrismas holiday?

You can even buy one on Ebay but its too big to fit inside a pump!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTOR-RUN...deo_TelevisionSetTopBoxes&hash=item35b5c26989

I normally save caps from failed pumps and if I have run out then borrow one from a new pump.

There are a type of Salmonson pumps which are no longer available in the UK and their caps often fail and if the pump is in good condition then I repair them by fitting a new cap.

Tony

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back