Problem with heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first post here so apologies if it is in the wrong section.
I have recently moved into a new house (new for me, house was build at the end of the 50's).
I have an issue with my heating/programmer/boiler.

If the programmer is only calling for heat then the boiler runs fine, everything gets hot etc...

But, as soon as the programmer calls for hot water then the boiler goes off. I have my heating set to continuous and have had to resort to using the immersion heater for my hot water otherwise it won't get hot.

If I turn the heating off at the programmer and turn hot water on then the boiler runs fine again.

It is a Kingshield T62 programmer and I have 1 3 port mid position valve.
As far as I am aware the valves, central heating pump, HW cylinder etc were all replaced about 4 years ago after the previous owners had an electrical fire in the upstairs bedroom.

Any help in sorting this issue out will be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Just to confirm,

heating by itself is OK,

DHW by itself is OK,

but when both are required together the boiler and pump don't run?

Can you post some pictures of the system and the inside of the wiring centre and do you have a multimeter ?

If you can lock the three port valve in the central position you will probably get central heating AND hot water.

I always find it difficult to make suggestions on the cause of these faults because they can be several causes including in many cases being wrongly wired! I need to be there to make tests!

Did it used to work correctly?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Just to confirm,

heating by itself is OK,

DHW by itself is OK,

but when both are required together the boiler and pump don't run?

Can you post some pictures of the system and the inside of the wiring centre and do you have a multimeter ?

You understand correctly, I will take some photos tomorrow and get them posted.

I am not sure how long the issue has been going on as we only moved into the property in August and only just turned the heating on in the last couple of weeks and found the problem straight away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back