PROBLEM WITH HOB WIRING, HELP NEEDED!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , i`ve just bought a new smeg touch button hob and on the back for the wiring connection i have 1 2 3 on one side 4 and a earth point on the other side of the connection point . The diagramme dont seem all that clear to me , i think i it says to put N to point 4 and 1 2 and 3 are lives, so i put the live to point 1 but the hob didnt work at all so i put the live to point 2 and got power to the hob and 1 ring worked but the other 3 didnt, havent put it to point 3 yet thought id see if anyone new the problem first. does points 1 2 and 3 need to be linked to each other? if anyone can help then thanks.

Sponsored Links
I seem to remember with my hob there were at least 2 lives that fed different rings. These had to be connected together. I can't give you exact details because it was my dad that actualy did the final connecting up.

Obviously my hob is not the same as yours but clearly more than one live terminal is a common thing.

Yeah thats what i was thinking ,maybe i need 1 live to power the hob and the others to power the rings??

Does the little diagram show different pictures for different countries ?.

Take a photograph of the diagrams, Usually they show wire links connecting maybe pins 1 and 2 (or another configuration).

Al

Sponsored Links
Yes it does show different countries and different wiring diagrammes, i`ve now put the live to point 1 and then i`ve put a link from 1 to point 2 and then from point 2 to point 3 and the hob now seems to be working fine,well nothings gone bang yet!, does anyone no if this is ok?? cheers

Once you post a pic of the diagram, A sparky will check for u.

Until then how can anyone help?.

Al

I just thought this might be a common thing now with new electrical items and was hoping someone might have come across this ,i`ll post photo tomorrow thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back