problem with new uvpvc front door shades of white

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

I recently had a new uvpvc front door fitted (a carlton classic) and the door frame and moulding on the door is a different shade of white to the panel the glass is fitted in. In direct sunlight they look similar but other times the frame and mouldings look cream where the panel is brilliant white.

I contacted the fitter and he said this is normal but he did come round (while I was at work) with his supplier and then contacted me and said they have both checked it and the difference is colour was normal.

I have been looking at other houses and some have a creamy panel with a whiter frame but none look like mine. (I have read that panels used to go yellow but this is not the case now.)

Does anyone know if this is normal or do I need to get the fitter back and complain more vigorously?

Sponsored Links
For him to come round with his supplier would tell me he knew there was a colour difference and wanted his supplier to see it first hand, my guess is if you take it further he'll just get a replacement from him.

Trouble is theres that many different shades of white, i have some colour swatch cards in my van with 18 different whites, when your just replacing a panel and putting it into an old door you'll do well to get it exact for reasons i'm sure you'll understand but when both items are new then i can't really see an excuse.

Please don't blame the fitter though, he's just fitted what was given. His supplier would of made the door for him and ordered the panel to suit the colour of pvc profile he uses from a door panel manufacturer, its likely the panel supplier has a batch problem or his eyesight isn't as good as yours

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back