problem with pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am having trouble with my Internet explorer.It is doing some very odd things.Sometimes it will completely close the page i am visiting for no reason or it will be very slow loading pages and when i say slow i mean very very very slow for eg i tried to google something and after 10 minutes of the page trying to load i gave up.I thought that it was perhaps the topic i was searching so i tried putting in random things to see if that made any difference but it didn't.Another problem i had was when i was on a forum and clicked on a link and nothing happened i tried to open a new tab and that wouldn't work either and it would let me access any options that are in my tools menu.i had to restart my computer.Just to let you know i have high speed Internet connection.Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me with this problem.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

You'd be better posting this in the 'software' section, as you'll probably get faster replies.

There are a couple of things that spring to mind

- your firewall is being over-sensitive

- there are some Spywares in your computer causing problems (you can download some free anti-spyware programs - the ones I like are Ad-Aware and Spybot)

- your java is playing up because of a corruption

Here are some things worth trying........

- clear your internet cache and cookies

- turn off your firewall and visit some sites (make sure that they are sites you know are 'clean')

- run the Spyware programs I mentioned above

- run an antivirus scan (make sure you have the latest definitions installed)

- Download another internet explorer (e.g. Firefox) and see what happens

Good luck
:p

Possibly bad housekeeping. Run a disk cleanup (START>RUN>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>Disk Cleanup).

Check all the boxes and let it clear the junk.

You would need to post more details of your system/software for a better chance of a solution.

++++++++++++++++
Moderator's note:

It comes from a US address.
We have two posts from there under different names.

Perhaps it is spammy?

I have locked it today.

If the OP comes back and explains what he's doing maybe he is all right

Mod Rupert
++++++++++++++++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back