Problem with Potterton SuPrima 50 cutting out.

personally i do think alot of the problems associated with the suprima pcb's are down to the HT lead but as the new pcb kit comes with a new HT lead as well then it resolves the problem anyway :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
so is the thermal sensor combined with the gas igniter? This would explain why the boiler has cutting out if the igniter cable was intermitent. If the connection failed the PCB wouldnt be receiving a heat signal so the boiler would think that theres no flame & shut the boiler down.
This would make a lot of sense because i thought the faulty cable was the igniter ONLY.

Not quite. The Thermal sensor measures water temp, elsewhere. There's a FLAME detector (flames conduct electricity, dc only!) which would have found out that the boiler hadn't lit, or if not connected properly it would have failed to conduct so making the boiler think that it had not lit.
In your case it sounds like it was failing to light, rather than failing to sense.
The normal boring propensity for suprima boards to "lock out" (red light) is usually not particularly connected with lighting - they just do it when they feel like it, in an unpredictable manner, sometimes due to bad connections on the board.
As indicated above, boards often get changed because they're likely to fail soon anyway :rolleyes: !

Sponsored Links
gazthepottertonengineer said:
personally i do think alot of the problems associated with the suprima pcb's are down to the HT lead :rolleyes:

That's not quite how I see it

A significant number of problems come down to bad design and crap manufacturing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back