Problem with Reliance Dual Thermostat on Hot Water system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Central Heating/Hot Water system (CH/HW) with a Reliance Valves Dual Thermostat (T/stat) on the HW cylinder. This has a High Limit preset to 82degC to stop excessive HW temperature. The setting for the normal HW temperature is 54degC, which is changed by a dial on the control box.

Usually the system works OK, but occasionally the following occurs:

At the start of the day with the CH T/stat calling for heat the CH works for say an hour, then it stops. If I either lightly tap the Reliance T/stat control box or run some HW the pump starts running, and the CH works OK for the rest of the day.

My questions are :

1. Can the High Limit function incorrectly (as the cylinder temperature is below 82 degC) and stop the CH from working? Is it designed to cut-off the whole system or just the HW? Obviously this depends on the internal wiring.

2. Can the control box be replaced without having to change the probes inserted into the HW tank.

The web page for the T/stat is on reliancevalves website Dual Thermostat 30-70C 85MM Probe. I attach the manual for the T/stat.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Dual Single Cylinder Thermostat IM ZINS500020_003.pdf
    717.7 KB · Views: 48
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back