problem with vaillant boiler or programmer , not sure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a valiant turbo max boiler and a lifestyle lp241 programmer.(4-5 years old)

the problem i am having is that when i request via the programmer to have the water on timer once in the morning between 06:30 - 08:30 for example the heating is coming on as well even though this is showing as off on the programmer box.

The heating also comes on if i put the water on manually without the timer day or night.

this has only been happening a couple of weeks,

Sponsored Links
A Vaillant turboMAX is a combi. Therefore the hot water is 'on demand' rather than timed.

You may have a thermoCOMPACT - it looks like a turboMAX- but is a system boiler and thus works in conjunction with a separate hot water device eg: a cylinder.

Please confirm what you have there.

Firstly your water should not be wired in through timer it should have a permenant live so you can get water at anytime also pump over run will not function properly if boiler is wired through timer.

But your actual fault sounds like a faulty divertor valve and it is allowing water past it into heating circuit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back