Problem with Vokera Option Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a problem with my Vokera boiler, when the central heating is on the boiler locks out (ie flashing red light comes on) on a regular basis, sometimes it will allow me to reset straight away sometimes I have to wait for 10 - 15 minutes.

I've had an engineer out to look at it / service he got the cover off and gave it a clean and said he couldn't see anything wrong (didn't charge me either) but the problems persist.

Anyone any suggestions as to what I should do next ?

Cheers

Damian

Sponsored Links
Read this >> //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6026
Intermittent faults are the worst to sort out. It has to go wrong before you can find out what isnt happening and then work out whats wrong.
Try and remember what you need to do to make it go wrong if possible as everything you hear will only be speculation. The more you can tell us the more we can tell you.

Thanks, to give some more info, once the heating is switched on the boiler will function normally for around an hour and then "locks out" it is then reset and will function again for between 30 mins to an hour. It is as if it is somehow overheating and shutting itself down. This theory is supported by the fact that as temperatures rise (ie as the weather gets better) the lock outs happen more and more frequently and also by the fact that at times having locked out the boiler will not reset straight away, instead one must wait around 10 - 15 minutes.

On the boiler itself there isn't a visible thermostat but I wondered if somehow reducing the temperature setting would improve the situation.

The problem itself has existed ever since I moved into the property (around 7 months ago) and speaking to the neighbours, I believe the previous owner had similar problems. The boiler itself is located in a cupboard under the stairs which is accessed via a small door in the outside wall of the property.

Please let me know if I can supply any other info which may assist with a diognosis.

Thanks

Damian

I wondered if somehow reducing the temperature setting would improve the situation.

Worth a try for diagnostic purposes.

DOes your system have trv's on all rads?

Sponsored Links
We have 5 rads downstairs 3 of which have thermostatic valves and 4 upstairs 3 of which have thermostatic valves.

The rads are a mixture of old and new (the new being the ones with thermostatic valves).

Does anyone know how to adjust the temp on this boiler (Vokera Option).

Thanks

Damian

Please let me know if I can supply any other info which may assist with a diognosis.

We know the make but not the model :?:

Some vokeras are notorious for the control knobs breaking off so maybe thats why you cant find it.
After that probably a temp sensor or even pcb or other but cant say anything with a degree of certainty till you provide the info asked for

Hi

The model is "Option" there's no number or anything like that. It's not listed in Vokera's current portfolio but I did find a reference to it on this site (it's the one pictured on the left).

Thanks

Damian

whooooay kev, youve just used a months supply of :?:

pace yerself man. ;)

sport-smiley-009.gif
:LOL:

Ive found the manufacturers instructions for this and passed them onto kev. Sorry Ive got work to do and cant look into it right now. Hopefully kev can pass these on or help u further

5.10 SETTING THE BOILER OPERATING TEMPERATURE
The flow outlet temperature can be adjusted from
40ºC. - 80ºC. via the potentiometer located behind
the mode selector switch, the potentiometer
has three temperatures sectors.
 Sector 1. 40ºC - 55ºC
 Sector 2. 55ºC - 65ºC
 Sector 3. 65ºC - 80ºC
When the potentiometer is set within sector 2 the
appliance will automatically raise the outlet temperature
to maintain comfort levels during cold
weather conditions. To adjust the heating
potentiometer proceed as follows.
SECTOR 1
Ensure the appliance has been set to hot water
and heating mode, remove the mode selector
switch, and gently rotate the potentiometer clockwise,
until the green LED on the appliance fascia
flashes, now rotate the potentiometer anti-clockwise
by a few degrees, the potentiometer is now
in sector 1. Replace mode selector switch.
SECTOR 2
switch, and gently rotate the potentiometer clockwise,
until the green LED on the appliance fascia
flashes, the potentiometer is now in sector 2.
Replace mode selector switch.
SECTOR 3
switch, and gently rotate the potentiometer fully
clockwise until the stop is reached, the
potentiometer is now in sector 3. Replace mode
selector switch.
NOTE
When the potentiometer moves from sector 1 to
sector 2, the green LED will flash for 4 seconds.
When the potentiometer moves from sector 3 to
sector 2, the green LED will flash for 4 seconds.

this is from the manufacturers instructions

if you want a copy e mail me

adress in profile ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back