Vokera Option Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need some advice guys.

My Mum and Dad's Vokera boiler has went on the blink and I was wondering if you could give me some advice on what the problem is and if possible, if it's easily fixed.

For weeks they've had a problem with the water pressure going up and down (more down than up) and my Dad has been having to release a valve to allow water in to increase the pressure. In this time the pipes have been make a noise every now and again like a horn, as if there is an air lock somewhere. Now though the boiler won't turn on, there is no hot water or heating. The ignition light on the front of the boiler is now showing red. My Dad thinks that there is a leak as well as there is sometimes water beneath the boiler and he thinks it's coming from the pump.

I'm only asking as the guy who usually helps my mum and dad out with this sort of thing is unreliable and isn't answering his phone or returning messages. I've posted a picture of the front of the boiler below too.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers in advance.

054wr.jpg

Sponsored Links
where abouts in Lanarkshire are you?
complete stab in the dark here but id guess....
your boilers got an expansion vessel to the rear, its a big grey cylinder youl see if you look down the back of the boiler at the top. It could be that the vessels flat or burst as it needs to hold a charge of air to allow the pressure to gradually climb else the pressure will go up to 3 on the gauge and leak outside. Also on these boilers its a flexible hose that connects this vessel into the heating circuit. The flexi hoses can become blocked which stop the expansion vessel from doing its job.
The leak you see at the boiler its probably only due to when the pressure reaches 3 it will discharge outside, this pipes probably not fully water tight which is why you see water from time to time as water shouldnt need to pass through unless theres a fault.
The red light is most probably due to a faulty ch thermistor which would need to be drained to replace.

But basicly to get up and running quicker you could makesure the engineer comming out has a vokera sensor and should st least get it back up and running.
not easy boilers to dignose unless you got spares at the red light doenst help with much
Ray

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back