Problem With Worcester Bosch 26 CDi Extra - Please Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have a Worcester Bosch 26 cdi xtra Boiler. These problems have been driving me mad.

When i pressure the system to 1.5 or 2 bar and turn the heating on it goes to 3.5 bar of pressure and then0 when i turn it off it goes straight back to 0.5 or zero in a matter of hours.

I keep refilling it by the filling loop but it just keep loosing pressure even when im not using it.

And when i use the hotwater the red light goes on and heats the water for about 30 seconds and then turns of and starts clicking on and off. It still heats the water on and off though.

I have a feeling its the Pressure relief valve or the expansion vessel. I have let the air out of the pump and raidiators and it still does this.

Could someone please advise of what is wronf or what parts i need to buy and get it sorted out.

I would be really gratefull if someone could advise me of what this problem actually is.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Expansion vessel empty of air or failed - see the FAQ and Wiki for dealing with this.

The same answer applies to your other two boilers with the identical symptom.

Hi Softus

Thanks for the reply mate

I Really dont know whats up with this boiler. its driving me crazy

What can i do to sort the expansion vessel out myself?

Your reply will be gratefully appreaciated mate.

I had a engineer out and he said that it could be the Pressure relief valve which i have ordered or the expansion vessel or the heat exchanger.

Im currently using the boiler with the heating and its on without the contstant ticking of the on and off of the boiler ignition. But when i turn the hot water on to have a shower or wash the dishes it keep clicking on and off.

Please advise me on what you think could be wrong.

Im so confused about what it could be

Any help would be really appreaciated

Thanks

hs69 said:
Thanks for the reply mate
You're welcome.

I Really dont know whats up with this boiler. its driving me crazy
I've told you what's wrong.

What can i do to sort the expansion vessel out myself?
Drain the boiler, then repressurise the EV. If it won't pressurise then you need to replace it.

Once that's done, you'll know whether or not the PRV is still leaking (which they often do having been used).

Once that's sorted you'll be able to pressurise the system and see if it works. Not until then is it worth considering any other action.

I had a engineer out and he said that it could be the Pressure relief valve which i have ordered or the expansion vessel or the heat exchanger.
I don't know why he thought it could be the HEX. Why didn't he charge and/or change the EV?

Please advise me on what you think could be wrong.

Im so confused about what it could be
I don't know why - it's the EV.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back