Problems of a flue that's too long

doitall said:
Not that I think it's the main issue but if you ask the manufacturer they will problably ok the longer flue, depending on location.

There's a new prog coming up on C4 soon, whereas disputes of this kind can be sorted amicably to both parties, I can post the link if you like, but Mods may remove it.

stick an email in your profile.

Interesting to hear about the flue, I guessed they must take a worse case scenario although the guy at WB I spoke to didn't mention it at all.

I've updated my profile to show an email address but I can't see it shown anywhere but hopefully that's me being blind. If you can find it then details of the program would be useful.

Cheers

Stu

Sponsored Links
Just an update for everyone, I spoke to a couple of other CORGI guys this evening, one came and had a look at the job, and they basically said the same as you all have that he should have fitted a condensing boiler.

They seemed reasonably happy with the rest of the install and although they thought the PRV pipe via a tundish wasn't ideal it should work perfectly well and the waste pipe would cpe with the PRV, condensate and washing machine, this makes life a lot easier and stops the floor having to come up.

They're going to get back to me re a price but they seem to be quoting a couple of days work to install the flue and boiler and commission it all and they're going to get back to me with a firm quote in the next few days.

I'm planning to let the current installer know what my plans are and offer him a final chance to make the changes and make it clear that if he doesn't then I have no intention of paying the rest of the bill which I hope I have reasonable grounds on which not to.

I can see using another company to finish the job costing me about an extra £600 which obviously I'm not happy about but I suppose that's life.

I haven't mentioned to building control about it yet and I'm not sure if I'll bother as I can't see what difference it'll make if I do particularly as Corgi don't seem particularly interested.

Cheers

Stu

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back