Problems using flag lifter - Probst Stonemagnet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Probably just down to my own inexperience but my dad is retired and I'm trying to sell a load of his tools on, one of which is a Probst Stone Magnet.

I'm just trying everything to make sure it's working and I've put a new battery in it and changed a couple of the internal hoses in it because they were perished and leaking, but for some reason it still will not create enough negative pressure when sitting on the floor/flags.

Is the surface it's supposed to be sucking against supposed to be wet or am I doing something wrong? If I take the hose off and put it against my finger it gets up to pressure no problem so it's obviously either a problem with the plate or I'm doing something wrong.

Any advice welcome.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
chances are if your getting suction at the bottom of the pipe then either the seal has a split or is knackered or the plate could be bent, that is the usual causes

Thank you! I've managed to find a local service agent who has offered to have a look at it for me to see what the problem is and he'll give me a price for new seals if I need them.

Really appreciate your response on such an old post!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back