Problems with new Valliant Eco Plus Boiler? Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to register just to post a question in this forum. But I really need some help.

In October my landlord installed a new boiler -a brand new Eco Tech Plus Boiler by Valliant.

However, I was told part of the boiler was missing and I was ok to use it on and off for heating, but that it would heat the hot water at the same time too. I was told to turn it on and off when needed. I was told the wireless timer and a part for the circuit board were missing.
So I had heating but only able to have it on or off.
Weeks later (loads of hassle), I was told the part had finally arrived but it was the wrong part. But he wired in the 'old programmer' so at least I could have heating and hot water on and the same times, but coming on and off at the same time. I could also set the temperature using the old programmer.

This week he wired in the new controller. He set the desired temperature to 20 degrees and left. The house was 16 degrees at the time.
Despite the heating being on full blast and the temperature of the house getting to 24 degrees plus -the heating did not turn off and the reading on the thermostat of what the controller thought the temperature was -it was still reading 16 degrees.
He also says I can't adjust the temperature of the hot water -I can't do it on the boiler as the 'tank upstairs has a thermostat built in' but the manual says I should be able to do it. I have a young child and he is saying we can't control the temp of the water as the upstairs water tank has a thermostat inside?
Please help? I need to be armed with knowledge when he comes out again.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like your landlord got the cheapest engineer he could. I would call out a good engineer to fix it and give my landlord the bill.

I am sorry to hear that you have been conned by your landlord, BUT you are paying him to live their and have heating and hot water, He is not giving you a satisfactory style of living, you can withhold some of your money until he gives you a boiler that works properly, god knows where he got that one but it is not your responsibility its his, be firm, get someone to help you confront him.

The hot water temperature is set by the cylinder stat at about 55 C and that is not adjustible by you!

When you use hot water you mix a little cold to achieve the temperature to the level you want.

The room stat seems not to be set up properly.

In spite of the neg comments above, your landlord has bought a quality boiler and controller. You are very lucky. It just seems that it may have been wrongly fitted or more probably not set up correctly. That may just be a matter of you reading the instructions. Many are rather too complicated for the average person to comprehend.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Your landlord has installed a very decent boiler and certainly hasnt scrimped on boiler choice, sorry to hear that you have these problems, a decent engineer should be able to sort all this out easily enough I think it just needs setting up properly, as already stated some of the modern boiler controls are far too complex for the average user (and some engineers for that matter)

I fitted a 927 last week for someone and he is overjoyed with it.

I showed him how he could take it around the house and use it as a remote control ffor the heating.

He fully understands how to use it but then he is a structural engineer accustomed to dealing with complex problems.

One installer I used to know had to call their tech help every time he fitted one as he was totally incapable of understanding how to set it up even though he must have fitted about 30 of them!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back