Problems with Worcester Bosch and Digistat thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar boiler which is 3 years old. Today,I noticed that the batteries were low on my Digistat thermostat so replaced them following the instructions. However, the display on my boiler will not stay on. When I press the boiler to come on, I have to hold the button in, in order to complete the instructions but as soon as I let it go the display (receiver) just disappears. I have changed the fuse, as I thought that might be the problem, but no luck. The thermostat seems to be working fine but just cannot get my boiler to stay on. Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be?

Sponsored Links
You will need to commission the stat to your receiver again. If you have instructions follow them, i can't remember off hand how to on the greenstar, but lower battery cases on stat, turn power off for blr, wait and then turn on. Put battery drawers back in on stat and see if signal is received, should flash and then stay green.

Hi
Thanks for the reply.

I have followed all the instructions in the guide but cannot get the boiler to stay on. When I switch it on, it stays on for approx one minute and then all the information on the display just disappears.

Sponsored Links
The digital display disappears on the boiler. It will only stay on if I keep the power switch pressed in, the minute I let the power switch go, the boiler switches off and I lose the display.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back