professional decorators' advice needed. Outside job.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We've got an issue here. There is a property that my hubby has to redecorate. The clients do not want a scaffold and would like him to use a tower. It's fine for the rest of the house but not sure what would be the best way for approaching the front as you can see in the following picture. What u reckon? Thanks
2011-01-12094819.jpg
:)

Sponsored Links
A single tower would be of no use with that porch there. I've seen blokes use two towers and throw a couple of youngmans across the divide on similar jobs, but this breaks every health and safety rule I would think. Triple extention ladders would enable you to access the windows, make sure they are footed, but not sure about that gable as regards the height. Scaffolding is the best and safest way to go, remember safety should always be paramount. Try and convince the customer to go for scaffolding.

Sponsored Links
first i would check with your insurance company because time you hire two towers,youngman boards and the handrail between the two towers.there is not going to be much difference.Plus the customer is not going to be paying your husband if he has a accident or worse

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back