professional injector cleaning.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not yet got my codes off, but the more I research, the more it seems to be pointing to injector issues.
So, with this in mind, I have found a company locas to me that offer injector cleaning, off the car ultrasonics and test using ASNU equipment.
now, I have found a set of recon injectors for £110. I've emailed to find if these would then need programming, and further £££ or not.
this cleaning is £15 a unit, so £60 for the lot.

in the experience of the people on here, when injector problems rear their heads, is cleaning a viable solution, or is it usually worn, and therefore replacements needed? I dont really want to spent £60 on a possible fix, and then to have to spent a further £X on actually fixing it.

Sponsored Links
depends on what mileage they have on them, at £100 a set i would stick the recon set in if the fault points to them.
Be carefull with injectors listed as recon, usually recon on ebay means have been removed from a working car and sprayed with wd40! as i found out when buying a set for a fiat recently

Only my opinion here, but if you get your own injectors cleaned, you should be given their performance data, spray patterns etc - and when they are done, each should be the same.
As for 'recon' ones, follow the advice above.....they'll be from a vehicle which was 'running well when it came in' - and how many times have we heard that one!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back