Professionally installed aralm recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will hopefully soon be moving into my new house (1930's) and I want to put in an alarm. I don't fancy a full redecorate and I don't want wires showing.
Therefore I am considering a wireless alarm, at least for the sensors. The Keypad, control unit and bell will be wired.
I have seen the Texecom ricochet stuff and on the face of it, it looks quite good.
What I think I need (I guess a site survey by the pros will tell me for sure though):
Door contacts x4 - front, back, patio, conservatory
Shock sensor x1 - office window
PIR type sensor x 4 - Dining, kitchen, downstairs hall, upstairs hall.
Text notification with what sensor was set off.
Don't want monitored.
At night time, it will only be the door and shock sensors on. PIR type only when we are out of the house.

Is the Texecom good or should I be looking at something different?

Thanks for reading.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Should be fine , with a quality installer most of your alarm should be able to be hard wired with no wires showing and any place not accessible can be done by wireless, just one point fit a dt in the conservatory as I've seen the roof panels removed before.

I've never understood why people always expect loads of wires to be showing, most, if not all, approved installers will always do their best / take pride, in hiding all cables.

Never seen cables installed as washing lines around a house. (Except, OUTSIDE, by the householder)

Sponsored Links
Whilst I accept there will not be loads of wires showing when done professionally, they will still need to go somewhere. Seeing as though some of the internal walls are solid, they would need to be chased in. It is not possible to lift the upstairs floor up either without a lot of work and there is not carpet from one end of the house to the other to hide it under.
Whilst I would prefer a wired alarm, without lots of work (and cost), I don't think a fully wired alarm will be possible.
My current place has a fully wired alarm and I cannot see any wires, but the wiring was put in when the house was built 7 years ago.
When I get the installer over to survey and quote, I will see what he believes is possible and go with his professional opinion.
If are any professional alarm installers that cover the West Kent area on here, I would be happy to let you quote for the work once I have moved in (approx. 4 weeks hopefully), otherwise I will probably go for a local company that seems to have quite a few bell boxes up in my road (installed by owners not the developers)
In the meantime I am assuming that a mixture of (predominantly) wireless and some wired will be the way to go, so would appreciate opinions on the wireless options out there (wired control panel and bell though). If it turns out that wired would work out, then I think I would go for a Scantronic as that is what is currently installed and it has performed flawlessly.
I have no experience with wireless hence the reason for asking. The Texecom looks good on paper with it's mesh system, but there may be better solutions out there.

Thank you.

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back