Profiteering from U tube videos?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It was suggested by a Field Marshall ChrisR over on the plumbing forum. (Thread now locked)
How can a profit be made by watching someone giving tips about their trade on U tube?

Sponsored Links
More than likely ChrisR watched a few and decided he'd fix his neighbours lead to copper pipe leak for a crisp tenner.

I can't understand the mentality of the few on here who constantly try to put others down. Pointing out that soldering copper to lead is illegal, does nothing for the trade plumbers are in. The phone goes at 6pm on a Sunday evening,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
" My incoming waterpipe has sprung a leak, Can you come round straight away?"
Plumber gets there and realises he doesn't have a leadlock fitting on him and can't get one till Monday morning. What's a man supposed to do? Turn the water off and leave them till morning? Leave the water on and let their house become flooded?.
Nah,,, a real plumber would do exactly as Tomp shows in his informational video and leave the customer pleased that they at least have water for bathing etc. Then call back round in the morning and do the job properly.
ChrisR would probably answer the phone and say he was too busy to go round, or politely ask them to call a real plumber.
As the old saying goes.
Those who can, DO,
Those who can't TEACH.
No wonder he's working at the local college doing assessments.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

How can a profit be made by watching someone giving tips about their trade on U tube?

The only profit I can think of is the Youtube revenue sharing scheme where you agree to have pop-up ads on the bottom of your video, you then get paid per click if someone clicks on the link to the adverised website.

I've got 24 vids running (noting to do with roofing/diy) One of them has over 100k views and last year I got a whopping £2.12 in shared revenue. Whoop-de-doo, lol :mrgreen:

The only profit I can think of is the Youtube revenue sharing scheme where you agree to have pop-up ads on the bottom of your video, you then get paid per click if someone clicks on the link to the adverised website.

I've got 24 vids running (noting to do with roofing/diy) One of them has over 100k views and last year I got a whopping £2.12 in shared revenue. Whoop-de-doo, lol :mrgreen:

Tell us what your vids are. I'm sure all us Diynoters can boost your earnings. To £2.13.

Sponsored Links
More than likely ChrisR watched a few and decided he'd fix his neighbours lead to copper pipe leak for a crisp tenner.

I can't understand the mentality of the few on here who constantly try to put others down. Pointing out that soldering copper to lead is illegal, does nothing for the trade plumbers are in. The phone goes at 6pm on a Sunday evening,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
" My incoming waterpipe has sprung a leak, Can you come round straight away?"
Plumber gets there and realises he doesn't have a leadlock fitting on him and can't get one till Monday morning. What's a man supposed to do? Turn the water off and leave them till morning? Leave the water on and let their house become flooded?.
Nah,,, a real plumber would do exactly as Tomp shows in his informational video and leave the customer pleased that they at least have water for bathing etc. Then call back round in the morning and do the job properly.
ChrisR would probably answer the phone and say he was too busy to go round, or politely ask them to call a real plumber.
As the old saying goes.
Those who can, DO,
Those who can't TEACH.
No wonder he's working at the local college doing assessments.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

With all respect JJ, you don't, I suspect, know ChrisR and his valuable contribution in the C C. He has a wealth of knowledge in the installation, service and repair side of the gas industry and for your information, he is only part time an assessor in the college.

Gasman, My post was tongue in cheek (well almost).
Tomp does some great video's showing how plumbing used to be done. The lead to copper soldering one (although illegal these days) could get a customer/plumber out of a situation on a Saturday/Sunday emergency.
As another poster already pointed out, a majority of properties in the UK are still supplied through lead pipes anyway, and I pointed out that lots of plumbers won't just happen to have a leadlock fitting available for such an emergency. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Back