Prog Room stat wiring: Sunvic (strange)..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help me here please: am installing a new prog room stat, it is a SUNVIC TLX6501. it is replacing a standard room stat that had packed up, and seemed good value at £35 :) So I have wired the CH on terminal at the programmer backplate to the perm live connection there.

The wiring instructions seem strange to me though, they say run the live to the COM terminal at the stat, and the Heater OR cooler in series with terminal NO and neutral.

Is the heater or cooler wire supposed to mean the call terminal, that goes to link up with the the boiler/pump?
Does it mean run the neutral in the same terminal (i doubt though).. or do i simply not require the neutral wire??

Thanks for helping me with this :)

Sponsored Links
I have wired the CH on terminal at the programmer backplate to the perm live connection there.
Do you mean that you have connected CH ON to terminal 1/C of the the TLX 6501?

If so, that's correct. You must set the old programmer to CH permanently ON.

The wiring instructions seem strange to me though, they say run the live to the COM terminal at the stat,
That''s correct - see above.

the Heater (OR cooler) in series with terminal NO and neutral.
Is the heater or cooler wire supposed to mean the call terminal, that goes to link up with the the boiler/pump?
It's the switched live, i.e the wire which went from old stat to the boiler/pump now connects to terminal 2/ON of the TLX6501.

Does it mean run the neutral in the same terminal (i doubt though)
Definitely not; that would blow a fuse when the boiler tried to start!

do i simply not require the neutral wire??
Correct. Just make the neutral safe where it connected to the old thermostat.

Hi D Hailsham, thanks for helping.

the CH on wire (from the programmer to the old stat) is connected to the COM terminal at the new prog room stat

At the programmer in the kitchen, i have removed the CH on wire from it's terminal and put it also in the Live terminal (giving it a perm live), rather than having the prog set to CH perm on and the neon light constantly lit up, etc. hope this is ok?

The wire that would go to the white wire of the 3 port MV, at the stat end I have connected to the NO terminal.

So i can just make safe the neutral wire, at both ends and cap off with a terminal square.

What does it mean when it says in the booklet to connect the neutral in serieswith the heater/cooler at the NO terminal?? seems strange?!!

the CH on wire (from the programmer to the old stat) is connected to the COM terminal at the new prog room stat
That's one way of doing it, but you need to set the programmer to CH permanently ON.

At the programmer in the kitchen, i have removed the CH on wire from it's terminal and put it also in the Live terminal (giving it a perm live), rather than having the prog set to CH perm on and the neon light constantly lit up, etc. hope this is ok?
That's the better way of doing it.

The wire that would go to the white wire of the 3 port MV, at the stat end I have connected to the NO terminal.
Is that the middle terminal, shown as 2 or ON in the diagram? If so that's correct.

So i can just make safe the neutral wire, at both ends and cap off with a terminal square.
Yes, you could also cut of the bare wire and wrap the wire ends in insulating tape.

What does it mean when it says in the booklet to connect the neutral in series with the heater/cooler at the NO terminal?? seems strange?!!
I can't see where it says that in the Installation Instructions. In any case you are misunderstanding the instructions. All it means is that the boiler is connected between the switched live and the neutral. Obvious when you think about it See the diagrams on page 2.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for helping.

I've got it now, wanted to confirm and make sure :)

In my booklet, page 2 is introduction and not anything to do with wiring?? My booklet is different to the link you've given me for some reason!!

Just called a user manual and ha sinstall instructions inside it also.

How is the boiler connected betwene the switched live and neutral, i've used no neutral wire? :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back