Project Manager recommendations for a London renovation ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm buying a 1930s flat, which I want to do some work on - can anyone recommend a project manager in London ?

The work would include rewire, new windows/doors, fitted living room furniture, new flooring, new kitchen, possibly new bathroom - and if I'm feeling brave, moving internal walls and shifting the kitchen.

Target date for doing the work would be August. I would need someone with access to a pool of reliable labout including sparks, chippies, plumber etc, and who could help specify and source

Overall budget would be 20-30k

All recommendations gratefully received

Sponsored Links
Get yourself a decent builder; not always easy I know but get it right & he will do all you want & have access to all the necessary trades. A dedicated project manager will be just another 'cog' in the drive train, is OTT on a small project & will cost you unneccessary expense; I should know, I am one!

But if the OP is not able or willing to deal with the builder or the work management, then a PM will look after his interests.

I am a bit wary of the mention of " ... someone with access to a pool of reliable labout including sparks, chippies, plumber etc, and who could help specify and source"

A PM must be independant, and not appoint his own favoured contractors, for obvious reasons.

Sponsored Links
^woody^ said:
But if the OP is not able or willing to deal with the builder or the work management, then a PM will look after his interests.

If that's what's required then go ahead but it will cost. The OP still has to deal with the PM & a decent builder will be able to look after the management if you make it clear that's what you wan't him to do; it's only a small project!

^woody^ said:
I am a bit wary of the mention of " ... someone with access to a pool of reliable labout including sparks, chippies, plumber etc, and who could help specify and source"
I'm not talking one man band flybees, any decent builder/developer will have a pool of reliable trades he uses otherwise he wouldn't survive

^woody^ said:
A PM must be independant, and not appoint his own favoured contractors, for obvious reasons.
Absolutely; but times are generally good for skilled trades & there will only be a limited number of 'good ones' in any local area with time to spare for small jobs & it's almost certain their loyalties will lie with whoever gives them regular work - the local buliders/developers! A part time PM will fair only marginally better at getting decent trades than a DIYer, usually only able to draw on whoever is left over; the not so good & the still learning!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back