PROLINE DISHWASHER PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a proline slim dishwasher and it has started to stick during the programme. the water is not being heated and the machine continues to churn round and round but the programme button does not move. i then click the programme round and it will continue but does not clean the dishes. again during the cycle it does not heat the water during the rinse cycle . do i need to replace the element??

Sponsored Links
ok this is spooky, I came on here to ask advice on exactly the same thing.. :eek: :eek:

put mine on the other day ( first time in months ) and went out..
came back 2 hours later and the dial had hardly moved, and the plates weren't clean..

ok this is spooky, I came on here to ask advice on exactly the same thing.. :eek: :eek:

came back 2 hours later and the dial had hardly moved, and the plates weren't clean..

lets hope someone out there has an answer for us

test the element first should be 30 ohms .if not it needs replaceing.

Sponsored Links

lets hope someone out there has an answer for us

went online and ordered the thermostat and element for £40. thermostat was £6 so thought sod it do both at same time... can only get the parts via comet spares

My proline dishwasher shows exactly the same symtoms. The water was not hot so presumed the element was the cause. I managed to get a new element from a local spares shop for £30 :eek: and after about a hundrew screws and 2 hours of cursing, have fitted it! Yep you guessed it, this has not solved the problem. :evil: Some say it is the thermostat, but I was under the impression that this reacts to the heat. If there is no heat, why would this be the problem? If it is the thermostat, where would I find it in relation to the element position? Please help, I'm on the verge of spanking the credit card for a new Zanussi that the wife has her eye on!!!! :(

when you took your million screws out and undone the lock nut for your element there are "2" elements that you can see on the bottom of the dishwasher to the right of the element. the parts are £6 from curries spares that you can get on line. Go to http://www.partmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin...DW080&path=67231,126608:262429,127537[/QUOTE]

Ok, I need more help, so far I have changed both the thermostat and element and the stupid machine still shows the same symtoms. The water does not heat and therefore does not click through the programme. Is there anything else I can try? I think my credit card is about to get a spanking if I cant get this sorted!! Please help!!!!! :cry:

Ok, I need more help, so far I have changed both the thermostat and element and the stupid machine still shows the same symtoms. The water does not heat and therefore does not click through the programme. Is there anything else I can try? I think my credit card is about to get a spanking if I cant get this sorted!! Please help!!!!! :cry:

Must be the time of year for this model going wrong as I now have a similar problem - just wondering if there was anything else you tried with success after the element and thermostat? I had seen elsewhere that it could also be the timer unit, but these are around £56 each (almost 1/3 of the price of a new dishwasher!!).

As a supplementary question, did the original problem occur when using the rinse cycle? I would assume that the rinse cycle uses cold water, and if so, then the dial shouldn't stick if the element or thermostat were playing up?

check the heater with a meter should 30 ohms if its ok them pcb shot.

I've got the same problem.

Tested the heater. It reads 30 ohms.

Put my voltmeter across contacts when it was in cycle and its only reading 170 Volts.

Any ideas anyone?

when you took your million screws out and undone the lock nut for your element there are "2" elements that you can see on the bottom of the dishwasher to the right of the element. the parts are £6 from curries spares that you can get on line. Go to http://www.partmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin...DW080&path=67231,126608:262429,127537[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem as everyone else on this thread but I followed these instructions (back of the dishwasher, not the front), replaced the thermostats with some difficulty (it helps to have small hands) and it worked! Hot water and the timer clicks along. Total cost about ten pounds. Saved me a bundle (although I suspect planned obsolescence here; Comet wanted to replace the timer for 100 pounds, so I won't be surprised if something else goes wrong). Anyway, great forum and thanks nainotreve!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back