Proline fridge/freezer - mystery switch ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Amongst the white goods included in my recent house purchase there is a Proline fridge/freezer. Its age is unknown but it appears to be in good condition mechanically and cosmetically. My query is this - in the fridge compartment there is a small illuminated rocker switch beside the temperature selector. There is no indication of what this switch does, it's either off (unilluminated) or on.
I can't find any info on the web about this appliance so I wondered if anyone on here can help please ?
Is it something simple like a defrost switch, or maybe a fast freeze switch, or even a selector switch so you can have the fridge on with the freezer off ???
Experimentation will have to wait till I get home as I'm offshore for a couple of weeks and the fridge is currently switched off, empty, defrosted and door left open. Model number (from memory) is PC213.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo tuscan 30 :D:D:D:D

havent got a clue but has you f/f got 1 or 2 compressors!!!!

if its only one then you can't turn off the fridge or freezer as they are interlinked and work as one

you could see if its a "off" switch for defrosting by turning the thermostat up to max and see if it turns off

or check for fastfreeze or "on" by turning the thermostat to one [no less than one incase less than 1 is an off position]and see if it runs

Thanks Big-all,

Count the compressors - what a logical thought (that'll be why I didn't think of it !!! :rolleyes: )

It seems that will be the least likely scenario as I doubt the f/f is that far up-market to have seperate comps for each section.

When I get home I'll get it switched on and run a few tests. Starting it from ambient temp will let me see what effect the switch has on the compressor - I'm guessing it's a defrost switch.

Thanks for your help and quick response.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back