Pronunciation and kids today

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's three and thought and thirst, th th, tongue between the teeth, not fwee and fort and first, not bottom lip under upper teeth.

Grrrr! I'm only 31. How can things have changed so much?

I'm not saying how many poles in a furlong, and pecks in a bushel and firkins in a kilderkin, but I remember having to intensively mouth word shapes and sounds.

Sponsored Links
totaly agree.... its shocking..... kids now talk in txt language too.... It winds me up so much..... Its about time the schools started to sort ths out.....

p.s. im only 32... so dont feel too bad...

MasterAbacus said:
Its about time the schools started to sort ths out.....

did you deliberately miss the i from "this" or was that extreme irony :LOL:

Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
It's three and thought and thirst, th th, tongue between the teeth, not fwee and fort and first, not bottom lip under upper teeth.

Grrrr! I'm only 31. How can things have changed so much?

I'm not saying how many poles in a furlong, and pecks in a bushel and firkins in a kilderkin, but I remember having to intensively mouth word shapes and sounds.
5'5 pols in a furlong. Who will do the rest. As for children's speach,adults are just as guilty. It's breeding. Nothing to do with posh. There was ten children in my family and we thought people with T V's were very well off.

t`was only me and Mum+Dad.......and we had a telly :oops: and a phone :eek: and a new Reliant van for Dad`s work (like Del boy`s same colour too) but we left the house and gave it back to the council.....then later some scrote bought it :evil: ;)

Not to mention the 14yr old chavs and wanabe-gangstas who try and talk as if they're from deepest, blackest Harlem, despite hailing from Bromsgrove! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back