Protect the elderly and infirm

J

JMLanders

Those vuvuzelas thingies in the world cup may well be banned during a papal visit. . Seems entirely reasonable to me not to want to upset the aging pope - we all know how stressful and tiring such a trip must be at the best of times, yet alone having to deal with young and ardant admirers playing with their horns for him ;)

Sponsored Links
it's only because he doesn't want to compete with the worlds real top religion.. football..

lets be honest..
football is a bigger "religion" than any of the curches..

how many go to church every week compared to how many go to football matches or watch them down the pub or at home?

what does the average church pull in each week compared to the average football club?

how many go to church every week compared to how many go to football matches or watch them down the pub or at home

About 1.8 million people per week attend church in the UK.

You then have the very religious countries where they dont watch football but everyone attends a church of some description. I think there are far many church goers, but not here in the UK

what does the average church pull in each week compared to the average football club?
It's a good question which is worded well :eek:

As much as I don't really understand the fascination with punditry and the large sums of money involved, it (watching football) does seem to be an activity which allows people to blow off steam for a couple of hours or so in a controlled, reasonably safe and non-excessive environment, as a release for the mundanities of everyday life.

Church however, especially the strict catholic one - what things does this suggest that one blows off to relieve tension?

Sponsored Links
well if they do have to stop for the pope then I hope he gets there quick and stays for the whole tournament cos they're ruining the atmosphere of the games. However, all credit to Mexico fans today for managing to be heard and heard well over the top of the stupid things, and well done to their team for beating the frogs, superb.

I reckon the Pope and his Cardinals would be quite happy to meet a boy with a horn. ;)

I suppose it's rather difficult to play Vorwärts! Vorwärts! schmettern die hellen Fanfaren on a vuvuzela.

[quote="JMLanders";p="1647939Church however, especially the strict catholic one - what things does this suggest that one blows off to relieve tension?

An alter boy! :D :D

Get some 'Priest Off'

Sponsored Links
Back