Protective Impregnator for porcelain tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just tiled my bathroom, and have been advised to treat the porcelain tiles with Lithofin FZ Protective Impregnator, which is supposed to make them easier to keep clean in the long term.

Should I apply this to the tiles before grouting, to protect from the grout; or after; to protect the grout itself as well?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Apply the impregnator before grouting as this will seal the micropores in the tile. It won't take a lot of the fluid as it's of a very low porosity Try to match the colour of the grout to the colour of the tile ie:- cream tile - cream grout, then if there is any staining it doesn't show. Dont for instance use black grout on a white tile as this is asking for trouble. If youre not sure, do a test spot in an area say behind the toilet.

Once all the grout is dry and cleaned off, it won't do any harm to give it another coat.

Many thanks Nelly. I have a few spare tiles which I'll test it on before use. I'd be in terrible trouble with the mrs if it changed the look of them significantly :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back