Ptterton Gold Hot water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Looking for some advice on my Potterton Gold HE Combi. It has been in for 18 months without hassle although we only moved in last March.

Since the temps have dropped the hot water has started playing up. The boiler has started making funy noises which sound like (this is difficult to explain) a whooomph - air pressure as the burner ramps up? The burner then cuts out and pulses on and off in a similar manner. The water never reaches the temp it has previously going hot and cold as the burner goes on and off.

I have reduced the required temperature setting and now it is ok. To me it appears that the issue is something to do with it going on to full bore / load. Possibly due to the incoming water temperature being very cold now??

Clutching at straws in my diagnosis but it is running fine now but the hot water temp is lower than we would really like for a shower etc.

I am assuming that it is a set up issue which has only come to light now the boiler has been asked to work a bit harder?

Any pointers welcomed. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Gold has a 2 year g`tee phone baxi heat team up

could be hot water temp sensor being silly causing the burner to modulate up and down as it doesn't no what temp its at
also could be flue problem
is the flue on your boiler standard through the wall type or does it go vertically upwards

Sponsored Links
Sorry chaps... laptop packed up!!!

Flue is vertical.

Since the weather has warmed slightly it is good as gold... no pun intended.

Ta for the interest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back