Public sewer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at a plot of an old public toilet and, unsurprisingly there are 2 man holes which I believe are access points to the public sewer. The site is very flat and close to the main road but I wondered if anyone could offer a rough figure of the cost to divert these sewers so I could build on the site. I'll make sure I'm sitting down for any replies!

Sponsored Links
any work below ground is subject to excavation.

in other words, if you could remove the top metre or so of soil, exposing any services, drains or ducts, then somebody could give you a worry free quote.

you could get the site surveyed and scanned but even this isn't 100% reliable.

you, bieng the landowner, are responsible for informing of any underground services.

Are you saying the sewer crosses the site? cost of public sewer divertion is alot.

Sponsored Links
You`ll need one for the house sewer :eek: so that leaves just one to remove ...are you building a cottage there, it surely can`t be a big site ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back