Connection a toilet to sewer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Looking to install a downstairs toilet. The sewer (not public it joins that at the bottom of the road) is about metre and a half down. I am wondering if I could connect the toilet outlet to the sewer using a drain ( that currently takes water run off from the guttering to the sewer manhole ) and divert the rainwater into a soakaway instead.
Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
Hi
Looking to install a downstairs toilet. The sewer (not public it joins that at the bottom of the road) is about metre and a half down. I am wondering if I could connect the toilet outlet to the sewer using a drain ( that currently takes water run off from the guttering to the sewer manhole ) and divert the rainwater into a soakaway instead.
Thanks
Chris
Are you looking to utilise a more local, shallower drain? Fine as long as the drain is a foul drain and that smooth running and/or rodding, is observed.

...and it's controlled work.(y)

You dont need to send the rain water to a soakaway, they can share.

Sponsored Links
Just ensure it is a Foul (or combined) sewer you wish to connect to. Connecting a WC or waste water pipe to a Surface water sewer is illegal and will land you in hot water with the Water Company when they trace it back to you!

As said, Building Control will need to be notified and may wish to inspect prior to backfilling any excavations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back