Pug 406 petrol fuel filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 406 fuel filter located under the car near the offside rear wheel has started to leak. Does anybody know how to remove without damaging the fittings on the fuel line.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Gently!
The system will probably be under pressure, so put a rag round the first fitting you crack open and wear some goggles or turn your head the other way so you don't get a face full of petrol.

The unions shouldn't be that tight but a strap wrench will stop the filter turning if you do have problems

I will release the pressure at the injector rail before i start to change the filter. What i am worried about is knackering the fittings as they will be main agent only parts and i need the car early monday morning for work. One of the fittings looks like it has a couple of tabs to press which will release it but i cannot see anything on the other (i think that one is engine side of the filter). Both connectors turn by hand in the filter housing so probably o ring seals inside. I am just a bit uncertain about the engine side connection as there doesn't appear to be any releasing lugs to unclip

Sponsored Links
Oh, the push fit connectors.
Literally squeeze the tabs in by hand and pull off of the filter. Sometimes helps if you keep pressure on the fitting (as if trying to put it on , if that makes sense) to get the clips squeezed in. Don't go using any grips or anything on them though or you will bugger them.

Back