Fuel filter change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm about to change the fuel filter on the mk4 fiestas. Does anyone know whereabouts the filter is located and if there are any particular tips or tools I could do with knowing/buying before I start. Seems very simple according to the haynes manual although my only real concern is fuel spilling everywhere - it says to plug the fuel lines (what with?!) but am I right in thinking that without the fuel pump working then fuel loss will be minimal? Thanks

Sponsored Links
is it petrol or diesel, and as for fuel leakage the filter will be full of it for a start, and fuel will gravity feed out of the tank, the best way is be quick in the change you will lose a bit, and doesn`t the haynes manual tell you where the filter is, should be under the bonnet on a diesel, and underneath the car forward of the tank on a petrol, just follow the fuel lines, and if it is a diesel you`ll need to bleed the system.

OK it says on the front left-hand corner of the fuel tank and to jack up the rear of the car and support it on axle stands. Petrol. I can get a couple of bulldog clips actually that should help minimise the loss.

you should pull the fuse for the fuel pump and try to start the car, this depressurises the fuel system. you will get fuel out when you change it but it wont be much.

Sponsored Links
OK I'll take the fuse out for the fuse pump and try to start the car. I guess it then stalls. Now I know what the fuel filter is it's easy to locate and handily right on the side of the car. Once it's replaced do I just replace the fuse and start the car?

OK I'll take the fuse out for the fuse pump and try to start the car. I guess it then stalls. Now I know what the fuel filter is it's easy to locate and handily right on the side of the car. Once it's replaced do I just replace the fuse and start the car?

yep, it will turn over for a while then start, er hopefully :LOL:

Back