Renualt Megane 2007 1.6 - Fuel Filter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a friend with an issue with their Megane. Noise coming from the fuel pump and loss of power. I said the pump needed replacing. They took it to a garage who diagnosed the same. They have replaced the pump and the noise has gone away but the power loss remains.

The garage said they thought the tank had been contaminated, possibly with diesel. The drained it and it was quite greasy.

I suggested changing the fuel filter, they order one from Renault but have come back saying it is the wrong one. They phoned a different Renault dealer and were told that car doesn't have a fuel filter. :eek:

I cannot belive any car would not have a fuel filter. This can't be right can it?

Sponsored Links
Curiously enough, that is indeed the way these days - quite often the only filter is in the pump within the tank.
I've yet to find a diesel this way though, so common sense does prevail on occasion!
John :)

Thanks John, I didn't know that.

Intersting thing is the garage told him that the part Renault sent them was a samll cylinder which went in the assembly. Wonder if they have just replaced the pump part and left the filter?

It's going to Renault now anyway as the garage have given up.

Sponsored Links
Back