Puh fit end stop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been away for some time. Have seen that our plumber has fitted a push-fit end stop onto a 15mm copper pipe thats feed from the main. Is this a good idea? or should it be the brass cap and olive end-stop?
pete

Sponsored Links
if its a permanent job then i would go for solder or compression fitting.

i 2nd that advice, soldered joint is more reliable long term. speak to him and tell him to take the push fit off and replace with soldered one. imagine something goes wrong down the line...... another bill :mad:

Sponsored Links
Whats the difference between any push fit fitting and an end cap?

Are you saying that all push fit fittings are unreliable?

In theory a push fit cap has the same physical reliability as an elbow or Tee etc, but when you look at the thing it's easier to imagine it blowing off under pressure than with an elbow that has 2 pipes not one holding it.

Probably fine...

Sleep tight.

Remove a lonesome Speedfit stopend?

If I was reading this thread, and unfortunate enough to be sitting in a new-build where every fitting may be push fit, I would be soiling myself!

Know what you're saying though.

you should not worry they are all tested the same, you can get a leak ether way but 0.1per cent out of a 100.

don't worry

Very soon I will have fitted my 1000th push fit. Then I will be soiling..

Looks like i`ve opened a bag of worms. It`s good to see that some think it o/k, so it comes down to what you feel happy with in the end.
pete

Looks like i`ve opened a bag of worms. It`s good to see that some think it o/k, so it comes down to what you feel happy with in the end.
pete

I first fitted a solder stop end 3 decades ago and it is still going strong. How long have push fit been in place? One decade! :unsure:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back