Pull Out Tap Hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have one of those pull out taps on my kitchen sink, you know, the one where it's like a shower head you can remove from the main tap unit.

Well, anyway, the hose is leaking and was wondering if any of you guys know where I can buy a replacement one from?

It looks similar to a shower hose but thinner, and one end doesn't have the standard shower collar on it, its a smaller male thread which screws into the nut end of the flexi hose that's connected to the tap.

Can't seem to find anything by Googling so it's probably a new tap, but I thought I'd try on here first.

Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
The dearth of replies is probably a good indicator. If you know the manufacturer you could try them. Other than that it's probably new tap time. You should be aware that these pull out taps are not compliant with the water regulations.

Mike

Sponsored Links
Can you drop the outlet into a bowl of dirty water? If yes then non compliant.

Just because B & Q sell em don't mean you should use them.

Have you tried where you got it from in the first place?

Or perhaps your local plumbing supplies, there are usually several in each town and taking it to one may prove to be helpful in your search.

thanks guys, found the hose on Lunns, it's £21.15 with 5-7 day delivery @ £4.40 = £25.65

Just ordered the whole tap on ebay which was £22.95 with free next day delivery so I'll be fitting it tomorrow.

I'll put double check valves on then

cheers

Still not compliant I'm afraid. A kitchen sink is treated as fluid category 5 and only an air gap is acceptable. I know loads of places sell them and loads are fitted but if you stick to the letter of the law you shouldn't.

well I still did it and it still works fine so your smart arse replies were a waste of time anyway.

just love people who think it's clever to be smug, rather than answer the question helpfully

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back