pullcord switch

plugwash said:
hmm i do own a multimeter but i hardly ever use it when doing electrics.

I hardly ever get out my proper multimeter.
I mainly use my fluke test probes which i suppose is kind of a basic multimeter.

the rather obscene menmonic i know

Is the second word 'boys'? ;) we were taught that one at college :eek:

We got taught a clean one too:

Bye Bye Rosie Off You Go, Bristol Via Great Western.

Sponsored Links
RF Lighting said:
Is the second word 'boys'? ;) we were taught that one at college
no the second word is b*stards and the third word is rape and the first word is the same as the color it represents.

rf, what fluke test probes have you got, i saw a set on the counter in edmonsons today buzzed accross a short and lit up LED'S on voltage DC and AC is this the same as yours? how long you had yours any good?????

Sponsored Links
plugwash said:
RF Lighting said:
Is the second word 'boys'? ;) we were taught that one at college
no the second word is b*stards and the third word is rape and the first word is the same as the color it represents.

Same rhyme, just a different second word then.

Wonder if they still teach that one? :LOL:

I would expect so, although it will be seen as racist, I wonder if there is another saying with white in it??

I was alway taught "Bad Booze Rots Our Young Guts But Vodka Goes Well" in high school electronics classes, though Vimto was often used instead of vodka, 'cos they didn't want to encourage young teenagers to drink!!

fireman22 said:
rf, what fluke test probes have you got, i saw a set on the counter in edmonsons today buzzed accross a short and lit up LED'S on voltage DC and AC is this the same as yours? how long you had yours any good?????

Like as in a Fluke T2?

fireman22 said:

I have the T5-1000 with the open ended clamp meter. I have had them for 5 years now and the are a nice bit of kit, but the battery clip seems to be worn and they need the odd tap to make them work now.

I used to have a set of fluke probes with LED display only. I much prefered these as they were auto-on and auto-ranging, but I couldn't do without the LCD voltage screen nowadays.

My apprentice has the new T140, and these seem like nice probes, but I prefer the look of the old probes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back